Jul 14, 2013

my favorite fairy turns four


My baby girl turned four last Monday.  We celebrated with a trip to the beach, lots of family, and an awesome princess cake, courtesy of my sister.  Then, we brought my niece, Brooklyn, to spend the week with us, which probably ended up being Cara's favorite birthday present. ;-) At VBS on Monday, Cara told a friend of mine that "yesterday I was four-ish, but today I'm really four."  




If you ask Cara who her favorite fairy is, you will get a different answer depending on her mood.  Many times, it's Tinker Bell, but sometimes if she is feeling a little extra fancy, she will choose Rosetta.  Tinker Bell and Rosetta are fine, but I have to say that this gal is always my favorite fairy.  


I think being four is pretty similar to being a fairy.  There's a delightful mischievousness about four years old and an abundant imagination.  There's a lot of twirling and dancing and made-up songs and, of course, fairy dust for the cheeks.  There's a wonderful innocence as well--anything is possible!  Everyone is a potential playmate!  The world is good!


When I discovered this Michael Miller border print, I knew it would be perfect for my sweet little fairy.  I used the Oliver and S Ice Cream Dress pattern, and as usual with Oliver and S, it was a dream to construct.  The raw edges of the dress are sandwiched between the layers of the yoke, and I used french seams at the sides, so this dress is as pretty inside as it is outside.


I like to think the little pink and yellow fairy holding out her skirt near the center is Cara's special fairy.



The little flower button at the back was just a random button from my stash, but I don't think I could have found a more perfect match for this dress.


Happy birthday, my sweet little fairy!  We love you so much!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, C! (Lucky girl to celebrate her birthday at the beach!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is a beach girl, for sure!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, cute! I bet she absolutely loves that dress. She is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sewing for little girls is really fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...