Sep 29, 2013

hi there.

Hello there, internets!  It's been such a long time that I don't even know what to say now.  It feels silly to say "sorry" because the only thing I would have to be sorry for is being kind of busy.  But that's what happens when summer ends and school starts: things get busy.

The start of a new school year is a good thing though.  I like making new school year resolutions way more than I like making New Year's resolutions.  A new school year is truly a fresh start in my world.  And it was a big one this year--Cara started 4K!

not their first day of school picture, but it looks like it could be

I am beyond amazed at everything Cara has already learned in 4K, and I find it hilarious that her favorite part of the day is seatwork.  She really likes tracing her letters and coloring in the lines.  She's a nerd like her mama, I suppose.  Colin is probably learning some stuff over in his toddler class, but so far, he's keeping it to himself.  That might be because he's still mostly speaking gibberish, but it's okay because I catch a word every now and then.  When I pick the little peeps up from school, we spend the car ride home talking about the school day, and of course, Cara always has a lot to say.  Colin does too, and it's so cute to listen to him babble away about what he did, even if I can't understand everything.  This is one of my favorite stages, and I know I will miss hearing "aaahh-pooo" when he sees an airplane overhead.  The day Cara started saying "purple" instead of "pur-pur" was the day a little piece of my heart broke.  Of course, that broken piece healed up quite nicely when she started pooping in the potty.  It all works out in the end.


In addition to 4K, Cara also started ballet and jazz classes.  She's doing a lot better at these classes than she did at gymnastics.  There was way too much down time at gymnastics and way too many temptations.  It's hard for me as an adult to resist jumping down a trampoline tumble track; how on earth could I expect my three-year-old to resist?  But, (and this would be a big a deal to Cara) now that she is FOUR, she prides herself on her ability to follow directions and do the "correct" thing, and dance classes give her the perfect opportunity to showcase these talents.  And also, the leotard is adorable.


Colin doesn't seem to mind that he doesn't have any extracurricular activities yet.  He likes to spend his time texting and driving anyway.


I'm happy to report that we are making it work, in spite of being 10 minutes late for everything.  We always make it there eventually, and who's really watching the clock anyway?

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland Jessica! 4 years old...4K...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babes are growing up so sweetly! Cara looks adorable in her ballet attire, I remember my first year in ballet :) Did you ever take lessons?

    Happy fall Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Krista! I took ballet lessons as a little girl, but I didn't stick with it for very long. I was (and still am) a nerd at heart. Cara seems to really like it though.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...