Oct 13, 2013

a (slightly) selfish weekend

Life is so full right now.  It's awesome because it full of good stuff like ballet classes, dinner with Granddaddy, baby showers, and Bible studies, but there also plenty of mundane things that require some attention.  Laundry, I'm talking to you.  However, I resolved that I would find some rest and relaxation and quality time this weekend.  I'm happy to say that I was quite successful.  My dad offered up some free babysitting on Friday night, so PJ and I got to go out on a little dinner date.  It felt like forever since we'd had time to really talk.  But, a date night was not the only awesome thing to occur this weekend.


My mother-in-law texted me earlier this week to give me a heads up on a 99 cent pattern sale at Hobby Lobby this week, so I found a minute on Friday afternoon to check it out.  I've already whipped up a new skirt to wear to work next week!


I found a minute or two on Saturday morning to give my hair the chop.  I'm guessing I lost four or five inches, but I really needed to lose the length.  I feel so much lighter and bouncier!


One of the most fun things I did this weekend was pass along my old American Girl doll to my big girl.  We got a catalog in the mail, and Cara devoured it with such enthusiasm that I had to send PJ up to the attic for Felicity and all of her tiny dresses and accessories.   My mom sewed a lot of dresses for my doll when I was a little girl, and I loved unpacking them and sharing everything with my girl. 

2 comments:

  1. I love checking up on your life! Your kiddos are adorable and I love the new cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could just "whip up" a new skirt for work!!! Sounds like life is in a good place right now for you, always great to stop and recognize that :) Happy weekend my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...