Oct 23, 2013

perfect timing

I am in the midst of piles of essay rewrites and grading deadlines right now.  I spend hours sitting at my desk (or dining room table) reading 11th grade brilliance until my eyes are bleary and my brain is fried.  But every now and then, I get a reprieve from the monotony of grading and the pressure of the deadline.  Today, it took the form of a delivery from the FedEx gods...a Stitch Fix box!

(In case you haven't heard of Stitch Fix, I explained the process and service here.  Basically, it's the most awesome day ever.)

This is my fourth Stitch Fix box.  I kept everything from my last two boxes, and I really should have posted about those because they were amazing.  All I'm doing here is prolonging my break from my work.  Humor me, please. :-)

#1:  Wilam Zig-Zag Print Top by Fiancee



The rest of the world is chevron crazy, and while I like it as much as the next person, I was not impressed by this top at first.  However, I was sold once I put it on.  It's a flattering cut and there's a pleat in the back that makes it hang in a different/interesting  sort of way.  Keeping it!

#2:  Haddon Print Tab-Sleeve Blouse by Under Skies



I immediately loved this top.  The center front seam is sewn to the outside, which reminds me a whole lot of one of  Liesl Gibson's newest patterns, the Weekend Getaway Blouse.  Keeping it!

#3:  Schuyler Short Sleeve Open Cardigan by Fiancee


This sweater is so cozy and soft that I couldn't possibly send it back.  Navy is an added bonus.  Keeping it!

#4:  Ivana Colorblock Belted Dress by 41Hawthorn


I knew this one wasn't going to be a keeper before I tried it on.  I'm not crazy about the color combination, which is strange because I wear a ton of gray and purple.  It fit pretty well, but I just didn't love it and I knew I wouldn't wear it if I did keep it.

#5:  Alivia Ankle Length Pants by Margaret M.


I was so excited when I saw that there would be pants in my box, and my joy multiplied exponentially when I opened my box and saw that they were red.  Unfortunately, they are a size too big.  I almost cried because I don't have very many pairs of pants that fit right now, and I haven't tackled sewing my own pants yet.  I guess it's about time that I order up the Clover and Thurlow patterns.

(In the spirit of full disclosure, if you sign up and order a fix using one of the Stitch Fix links in this post, I'll receive a $25 credit.  Yay!  Honestly, I would encourage everyone to try this service because I love it whether I get a referral credit or not.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the two blouses and sweater! And it's indeed a shame that the red pants didn't fit! Would love to see pics of you IN the clothes from StichFix, you pretty girl you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...