I have never needed a weekend as badly as I needed this last one. Especially a three-day-snow weekend.
Just a tiny bit, but snow is pretty rare here in SC
PJ had to do a bit of work traveling at the beginning of last week, so I spent a few days in single mom mode. I always start off pretty enthusiastically. 'I've got this,' I tell myself. 'There are plenty of women who handle this every single day.'
I texted this to PJ, just to prove that I was, in fact, handling it.
The reality is that I do not sleep well at all when my husband is not home, and I got really sick, to the point that I should have taken a day off work to recover, but (as any teacher will most likely confirm) it is usually just easier to suffer through the day than to create sub plans and then deal with the aftermath. So my poor husband came from frigid Rhode Island to a sick, grumpy, stressed out wife. Sorry about that. Fortunately, we've been able to catch up this weekend on many things: laundry, grading, family snuggles, and of course, Downton Abbey and The Walking Dead. (Side note: No more Matthew Crawley???? What is that???)
I am certain that this week will be awesome. Meals are planned, clothes are folded and put away, toys are contained, and, most importantly, I turn 30 on Friday. And I'm totally okay with that, especially because I ordered a StitchFix box as a present to myself. This will be my third box, and I am super excited because I kept everything in my second box. Someone over in StitchFix land really gets me.
Anyway, here a few things that I enjoyed this week in spite of my stress, sickness, and general grumpiness:
- Chelsea's Valentine video for her husband was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.
- Speaking of adorable, Liza Jane's baby bump is also on that list, especially because it's wrapped up in maternity clothes that she made herself. I wish I had tried my hand at maternity clothes while I was pregnant with Colin.
- Carolyn made two amazing coats for her little girls (one and two). I am inspired and also intimidated.
- My friend Courtney's baby girl kills me with her cuteness. Those cheeks! That baby smile!
- Krista's handmade jewelry is simply beautiful.
- I love how Becky showered her babies with love on Valentine's day.