Jan 14, 2014

"but Mom! This is not a dress!"


I promise that Cara originally approved this tunic.  She liked the polka dots and she picked out the buttons for the shoulders.  She was enthusiastic about the pockets.  And the girl loves a good decorative stitch.  However, when I showed her the finished tunic, she was disappointed that it wasn't a dress.  In fact, her biggest complaint was that it looked like shirt.  It took a bit of explaining for me to convince her that a tunic is like a shirt plus a dress, maybe the in between.  Eventually, I won her over.


This is (what else?) the Oliver and S Sailboat top lengthen to a tunic.  I've made this top approximately one million times, so there's not a lot to say about the construction.  It's pretty much always awesome.

I borrowed the pockets from the Hopscotch skirt.

And added a scallop stitch for a little bit of extra fancy.

4 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I really love this as a dress/tunic! and the scallop stitch is just fab. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a girly girl on your hands. She is too cute and so is that tunic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...