May 11, 2014

a me-made-May weekend

My little family went to Charleston for my brother's graduation this weekend.  Since it's Me-Made-May, I documented accordingly. :-)

so many cousins!

May 9:
Sewaholic Saltspring plus my mom and sister

We spent the morning on the beach and then the afternoon and evening wandering around downtown Charleston.  While it's probably more widely known for its history and architecture, Charleston has a unique style all its own, a sort of unspoken dress code.  I love it and hate it in equal parts, but it makes for great people watching.

May 10:



I would like to thank my brother for graduating from the Citadel and for giving me an opportunity to wear my beloved Alabama Chanin dress.  We look particularly goofy in these pictures--that's because I grabbed my brother's hat and put it on, as silly girls often do, but then I remembered myself and apologized for disrespecting the uniform.  A photographer walked over and encouraged me to please put the hat back on, so I complied in the same silly manner.  As he was snapping away, I realized that I definitely looked more like my brother's girlfriend than his older sister.  Ooops.  That's awkward.  

We spent the evening hanging out at the Waterfront Park fountains.  Cara was most excited to play in them, but her little brother was not quite as brave.

Colin was a bit hesitant.

Good thing he has an awesome big sis to help him out.

May 11:


We spent a good chunk of Mother's Day on the road, but I got to spend time with some of my favorite moms (my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law!), so the time on the road was worth it.  Also, my niece made me an awesome Mother's Day card:

so true.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like had a great week. Congratulations to your brother and well done you for dressing up for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style Jessica! Glad you had a good mother's day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...