May 29, 2014

me-made-May: the final week

 

This week has been a struggle in so many ways.  The end of the school year is so close and yet so.far.away that I think I'm going to lose my mind before it's all over.  Clothing has definitely been about the last thing on my mind, and taking those selfies isn't high on the list either.  #summerwhereareyou


May 26:
Colette Sorbetto (unblogged) 

Sorry for the wet hair and lack of make up.  Like I said, I'm not really into getting dressed this week, and especially not on a holiday from work.  This was my very first Sorbetto, and it's made out of fabric from my great-grandmother's stash.  This was well before I knew anything about french seams or working with sheer fabric, so it's seen many repairs.  I love it much, and I will wear it until I can no longer repair it.

May 27:
Sewaholic Belcarra Blouse (not blogged yet)

Still loving this shirt.  I'm trying to follow the sew-a-long for my third version, but I'll probably just zip through it all at once because this pattern is just that awesome.  Also, the laundry piles in the background make me laugh.


May 28:

I wasn't really sure if this blouse "matched" this skirt, but I ended up really liking this pairing.  Also, I worked out for the first time in a million years, and there are no words for my hatred of Jillian Michaels and the intensity of my soreness.

May 29:


I've been avoiding this shirt, but I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's all the bright colors?  I like it, but maybe it feels more like early spring or fall instead of summer (which is definitely what is going on right now, weatherwise).

One more handmade outfit left to fulfill my pledge...I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...